Este blog se ha trasladado, buscando el nuevo blog...

Pages

Maybe you’d be better with a Barbie girl


En Otoño, Mika lanzará su segundo álbum. Ya veremos si consigue superar el inmaculado "Life In Cartoon Motion". Lo tiene difícil.

A modo de aperitivo, este mes lanza un EP de tres canciones acústicas: Lonely Alcoholic, Lady Jane y Blue Eyes. Cuentos oscuros que podrían haber salido de la mente de Tim Burton. La edición física, limitada a 10.000 copias (y que podéis reservar aquí) vendrá acompañada de un libreto de 68 páginas con ilustraciones de los artistas favoritos de Mika, dando vida a las letras de las canciones. Además, el CD contendrá en versión acústica uno de los temas del futuro álbum: Toy Boy.

La historia de un muñeco cuyo dueño lo abandona al hacerse mayor. El muñeco cae en las manos de la madre, que lo utiliza para hacer vudú a su marido. Genial.

TOY BOY
Lyrics by: Mika Penniman

I'm a wind-up toy in an up down world
If you leave me all alone, I'll make a mess for sure
I've a heart of gold in a smaller size
Leave me in the dark, you'll never hear me cry

More than an illustration
Points of articulation
Come to life on a brass spring
Such a wonderful plaything

It's a cruel cross that I have to bear
If you come close I'm gonna pull your hair
More than just a toy in a patch-blue suit
Hold me in your arms I’m just a boy like you

But your mama thought there was somethin' wrong
Didn't want you sleeping with a boy too long
It's a serious thing in a grown-up world
Maybe you’d be better with a Barbie girl

You knew that I had adored ya
But you left me in Georgia
Toys are not sentimental
How could I be for rental?

She's the meanest hag that has ever been
Pulled out my insides with an old safety pin
I'm the sorest sight, now I feel like trash
Clothes are made of rags and they don't even match

So she dressed me up as the man she loved
Then threw me in a box when she had had enough
Now the light of day I no longer see
She stuck her voodoo pins where my eyes used to be

Accidentally tragic
Victim of her black magic
Had a boy once who loved me
Now he's so afraid of me

On a long lost day when you're grey and old
You'll be there remembering your old toy boy
When your own son's wondering what to be
Tell him the story of a boy like me

btemplates

3 comentarios:

tidusin dijo...

jajaja la letra no puede ser más tu ;)

Unknown dijo...

que bonita la letra! tengo muchas ganas de escuchar el nuevo disco y si hay concierto ya sabeis, esta vez juntos!
aunque ultimamente coincidimos en casi todos jejeje!

Alex Pler dijo...

Ay sí! Un concierto de Mika juntos puede ser total!

Publicar un comentario